As you know I am not a fan of most "Madison Avenue type" advertising you see permeating the airwaives.
That being said, this time of year offers some of the best examples of how the pros sell stuff through targeted copywriting and marketing.
And no…it’s not those cutesy Super Bowl commercials…its Weight Loss Season!
The big diet companies know this is the time of year they have to make their nut, and they do not spare expenses in hiring the very best copywriters to target their prospects hot buttons, the needs, wants and desires of those looking to shed some pounds (ummm, like 90 % of our country)
They speak to the current problem or desired end result, help people visualize the succeeding in their desires, identify the problem, agitate the problem and then provide the solution while overcoming all objections.
I sat down and looked over the ads of some of the biggest companies advertising for 2016, and distilled their core message down to 12 factors which they target their message, along with examples from each.
Bonus: These are not applicable just for weight loss, these can be parlayed to any product, service, or topic you are selling.
1. A big promise- The core benefit in just a free words
2. Suggestive selling- Help the person suspend disbelief and dream of the person they can be.
3. Target a certain demographic- Nichefy as much as possible
4. Easy weight loss / Address Lifestyle needs /Target Challenges
5. Highlight a special thing, object, supplement, packaged food, that provides greater benefits, makes them unique, better and easier
6. Targets a common and big problem- something that most people have trouble with, and few find the answers
7. Additional benefits other than weight loss
8. Reduce /Eliminate risk
9. Provide visualizing content
10. Philosophy of FREE
PLUS… if you go to their website, and I am sure its in their marketing material, they ALL OFFER A CUSTOMER REACTIVATION PROGRAM…for those who lost their way, fell off the horse and are ready to make a go at it again- because this is a very common factor in your average dieter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.